Termite Protection and Elimination
We have colony elimination treatment plans or a proactive prevention program to ensure your home is protected before they make it to the foundation. If you suspect a termite problem in your home we will perform a free termite evaluation & treatment estimate. We also offer FREE second opinions.
Without a doubt, APE employs the most experienced Termite Professionals in the area. APE is in the business for protecting homes and businesses from Termites and other wood destroying insects. Termites cause over $750 million dollars’ worth of damage each year in the United States alone. Don’t let your home or business be next.
Confirming You Have Termites
The first thing to do is confirm that you indeed have termites.
Many species of ants also produce winged adults. To the untrained eye they look very similar to winged termites. See the attached graphic for more detail. Contact us and we will inspect your property.
If your home or business is infested with termites, we will evaluate and provide a treatment plan & free estimate.
The Truth About Termites
These small insects can silently destroy your biggest investment. 1 and 20 homes are infested in the US each year and the average cost of termite treatments and damage repairs is $8184!
Here are some signs of swarming:
– This is the most obvious sign of infestation
– After swarming, termites shed their wings
– Straw-sized mud tubes indicate subterranean termites are traveling above ground
– This sawdust-type material is one of the first signs of drywood termite infestation
– Knock on wood in your home; it may be infested if it sounds hollow
Benefits of a conditioned crawlspace
– Whole house air leakage are typically significantly reduced which saves money on heating and cooling while preventing unconditioned air from entering the home.
– Mechanical systems and ductwork located in a sealed crawl space operate more efficiently.
– Controlled temperature and humidity increase structural integrity and decrease the possibility of condensation and frozen pipes.
– Decreased moisture means decreased fungal growth and less risk of wood decay.
– Odor elimination, better indoor air quality in general
– Less movement and buckling in hardwood floors due to even moisture levels year round
– Fewer rodents and insects living underfoot
– Increased home value or salability
Step 1: “Moisture Evaluation”
We start by identifying moisture entry. If waterproofing or foundation repair is needed we identify and make needed repairs first.
Step 2: “The Cleanout”
This is where the rubber meets the road. Our crew begins removing all the debris and inefficient insulation that is currently in place. We also remove old wood that is laying on the ground that is only working as termite candy. Commonly this includes cleaning up spider webbing and dryer lent. Sometimes sanitizers are needed to kill bacteria from mildew or plumbing repairs.
Step 3: “Damage Repair”
If damage from moisture or termites are present will photograph and speak to you about needed repairs, costs and repair to needed structural strength.
Step 4: “Brightening The Crawl”
This is when the crawlspace begins to show major changes. We install a three layer 12mil high strength Polyethylene film that has reinforced scrim to ensure long term durability. All seams are taped to ensure no vapor or moisture voids. This film is ranup the walls to prepare for the next step. The brightening stage also includes the installation of lighting throughout your crawlspace and a switch at your crawl access entry for convenience and visibility.